Tour the inside of the dam, which is normally inaccessible.Nase Dam Guided Tour
Let's go through the mysterious door in the embankment to the underground passage of the dam!
Mysterious door downstream of the dam.
The guided tour takes visitors through this doorway into the dam's underground corridor, called the "auditorium," to see the inside of the dam.
After descending 149 steps, the destination is deep underground, at the bottom of a dam.
There, you can see the cornerstone that watches over the safety of the dam. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), which manages the dam, will provide explanations at various locations, so please feel free to ask any questions you may have.
On the way back, of course, you will have to climb 149 steps. Although it requires a bit of physical strength, we hope you will experience the bottom of the dam, which is usually inaccessible to visitors!
*For those who have difficulty going up and down the stairs, etc., please ask at the registration desk for free time at the downstream plaza.
|Approx. 75 min.
|Elementary school students and above
|Wednesday, February 7, 14, 21, 28, 2024
March 6 (Wed), 13 (Wed), 27 (Wed)
Recommendations for this Plan
Three roles and purposes of the Nase Dam
(1) "Flood Control": Protecting Areas along the Oita River from Flood Disasters
(2) "Preservation of the river environment": Maintain river water levels and protect riparian ecosystems by replenishing water stored in dams even when river water levels decrease due to continued sunshine.
(3) "Securing water supply" to ensure stable water supply in the event of drought conditions by supplying water stored in dams.
Size of Nase Dam
(1) Approximately 92 meters high, equivalent to a 30-story building in height
(2) The volume of water that can be stored in the dam is approximately 24 million m3. The volume is equivalent to about 13 cups of Resonac Dome Oita (an international-class multipurpose stadium with a capacity of 40,000 people) in Oita City.
(iii) "Rock-fill dam" style
Dam made by piling up natural materials such as rocks and earth
Roadside Station "Notsuharu
It sells fresh and processed agricultural products from the area and has a café-restaurant with a menu featuring ingredients from Oita Prefecture.
The facility is made in the image of an old farmhouse with a straw roof and a wooden one-story house.
The dam lake side is entirely made of glass, and there is an outside observation deck where visitors can take a break while enjoying the view of "Lake Notsuharu" and eat-in gourmet food purchased at the roadside station.
Meeting place: Nase Dam Management Office Building
Address: 1546-4 Ooaza-Shimohara, Oita City, Oita Prefecture, Japan
Nase Dam Management Office Building, 1F Exhibition Room
Explanation of dam outline
Move to the plaza downstream of the dam complex
Please walk or use your rental car for transportation.
Staff will lead the way.
Visit to the inside of the dam (audit corridor)
Helmets must be worn to visit the audit corridor.
（Helmets will be provided.)
Downstream plaza of the dam complex
End of tour
Move to "Notsuharu" Roadside Station
*Please walk or use your rental car for transportation.
Please ask the cashier staff. You will receive original goods. Also, please cooperate with us by filling out the questionnaire.
After the tour, you can also take a ride on the Green Slow Mobility, which operates every Wednesday to circle around the dam. (Free ride, departs from Roadside Station at 11:30 a.m.)
|What is included in the travel / plan price
|(1) Guided tours by Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism dam staff
(2) Dam card
Original goods at "Notsuharu" Roadside Station
A: 1 original tote bag and badge (1 from 3 types)
B: 1 original teacup and badge (1 from 3 types)
Please choose from A or B on the day.
|Minimum reception staff
|Maximum reception staff
*We will guide you with other customers.
|5 days prior to 5:00 p.m.
|Please wear non-slip shoes.
|The meeting place
|・Nase Dam Administration Office Building
- In case of natural disasters such as typhoons or heavy rain, or in case of emergency, the tour may be cancelled at short notice. Please understand this in advance before applying for the tour. (If we know in advance, we will notify you at least one day before the tour, but it may be unavoidable on the day of the tour.)
The type of dam card cannot be selected.
The contents of the original goods are subject to change.
No consideration is given to barrier-free access.
Please understand that you will be walking on long staircases, etc. Please understand this before applying.
Please wear non-slip shoes.
The time of the itinerary is only a guide. The time, contents, and places to be visited may be subject to change depending on conditions on the day of the tour. Please understand this in advance.
- Disclaimer and precautions concerning tours of the Nase Dam facilities, etc.
- No one under the age of 18 may participate in the event alone. Please have a person with parental authority accompany you.
- Local correspondence will be in Japanese.
- After completing your online application, we will send you a "Notice of Acceptance" e-mail. Please be sure to check the contents of the e-mail.
If you cancel the contract at your convenience after the contract is concluded, you will be charged a cancellation fee for the travel fee at the following rate per customer. In addition, if some customers cancel the contract due to the participation of multiple people, the difference price for the change in the number of users (per vehicle / room) from the participating customers to the transportation / accommodation facility, etc. Will be charged respectively.
In case of cancellation or change, please contact us during business hours. (If the business hours have passed, it will be treated the next day.)
|Starting from the day before the date of use
3 days ago to the day before
|Before the start time of the day
|After start time/
No contact and no participation
In the event of a full refund without cancellation fee, the fee will be refunded to your credit card.
In the event of a cancellation fee, refunds will be made by bank transfer to a bank account in Japan, and the transfer fee will be borne by the customer.
Please understand this in advance.
Planning and Implementation Company
Mie Kotsu Co., Ltd. Sightseeing Sales Systems Landing Tour
2nd floor, Kusumoto 15th Building, 1-7-2 Nishiki, Naka-ku, Nagoya 460-0003
Travel agency registration: Japan Tourism Agency registered travel agency No. 1934
General travel business handling manager: Tatsuya Ogawa